Information about the My Florida Access website users is collected when the user voluntarily provides this information by submitting forms on this website. Additional visitor information is collected as users access the website and navigate through our website’s various pages, files, and forms.
You can take several actions with your Access Florida login related to the primary purpose of myaccessflorida.com and the Florida Division Dedicated to Supporting and Alleviating the Needs of Poverty and Illness Programs.
Eligibility For Portal Benefits
Check Access Florida Benefits Eligibility:
- You need to know whether you are entitled to benefits.
- To do this, visit myflorida.com/accessflorida.
- When the login welcome screen page opens, click the “Am I eligible?” button.
- Read the details and click the “Next” button on the next screen.
- You will need to enter your name, age, gender, whether you want to file a federal tax return, how many people you live with, how many people are under 21, and where you live.
- You need to click the “Next” button. Then follow the instructions.
Create Florida Benefits Account:
- To apply, visit myflorida.com/accessflorida.
- When the page appears on the login page, click the “Create my login account” button.
- You need to fill in the details like personal case information, set username and password, select security questions and answers, set notification methods, accept the user agreement, and click the “Next” button.
Florida EBT Balance Check
It is best to keep your latest Florida EBT receipt in order to determine your balance. Here is where you can check your EBT card balance if you don’t have your most recent ticket. First, you need to enter your EBT card number.
You can call the customer service number on the back of your card (1-888-356-3281). Your 16-digit EBT card number will then be required. After entering this information, you will hear your card balance. As a last resort, you can check the balance of your card at an ATM or a grocery store, or at a pharmacy point of sale.